The Marc 7000 is widely used and recognised within the international nuclear industry.
Also, in particular; nuclear power plants, nuclear research centres, radioactive waste treatment facilities and isotope laboratories.
The bubbler has been specifically designed with efficient tritium capture in mind, using a series of four vials, a cooling system and a catalytic oven to collect both tritium vapour (HTO) and gaseous tritium (HT).
The tritium activity in the collected sample can be measured with a liquid scintillation counter on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, and can then be used in combination with the sampled air volume to calculate the tritium-in-air concentration. This provides an efficient method of monitoring tritium levels with a much higher sensitivity than even the most sophisticated real-time tritium monitor.
A pre-filter paper in the inlet (∅ 45 mm) prevents dust intake and the electronic flow meter is protected by Gortex® filters. The airflow passes into glass vials (250 ml capacity) through stainless steel air tubing. The air flow can be set from 10 to 50 litres per hour, regulated by a certified airflow meter.
Stainless steel tubular oven equipped with Palladium alumina catalyst pellets. The oven temperature can be set between +200°C and +500°C.
Cooling system of the collection vials
The sampler is fitted with a condenser cooling block, which allows the vials to be cooled to between +5°C and +15°C (depending on the ambient temperature). A pump ensures flow of the cooling liquid and a level gauge allows the direct control of the liquid level in the circuit. All tubing is made of stainless steel.
- Trapping yield of 99% by bubbling air through demineralised water.
- Gas (HT) and vapour (HTO) tritium forms can both be collected with the catalytic oven.
- Reduced evaporation due to the cooled trapping system, allowing weekly collection.
- Easy-to-use, with instant opening cabinet for sample retrieval.
- Accurate – electronic, accredited airflow meter.
- Alarm buzzer for all detected defaults.
- Memory and recovery of the last 8 defaults via RS-232.
Sorry, there are no documents available for this product.